Old January 28th 12, 08:39 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Paul in Houston TX

Default Yosemite in timelapse HD

Mark F wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:02:10 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

This should provide some incentive for those who have yet to experience
Yosemite, to make that trip.
http://vimeo.com/35396305

I don't understand how the meteor trails work: it seems like
meteor trails last too long. Did they:
1. photograph many more frames than were displayed and edit
to keep more frames from the brief times when trails were visible.
or
2. the field of view is so many miles that trail of a meteor
moving at perhaps 30 miles/second stay in view long enough
to look like a moving object? How far apart timewise were
the displayed frames at about 2:38? I'm bad at estimating things
and can't decide how many degrees per second things seem to be
moving. I couldn't find a technical description of the shoot.

I agree. Something not right here.
I have been an amateur astronomer for many years.
The sky on the videos moves per earth rotation but the
flashes continue straight. They are moving very slowly,
what ever they are, just a few mph.

Many are identical repeats. Meteors often never make it from
horizon to horizon. They fade out.
I don't see any flashing marker lights from very slow moving
aircraft or weather balloons.
Something tells me that many of the effects are digitally
drawn in later. And not just on the night vids.
Nice vids, but not real.