Old April 3rd 14, 08:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Calumet files Chapter 7

In article , Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper:
nospam goes into every discussion thinking that
his position is the only right position.

nospam:
everyone does that. that's what drives discussions.
who goes into a discussion thinking that they're wrong??

Tony Cooper:
You could respond to what I said, not what I didn't say. I
don't phrase my comments without thought.

Sandman:
Hehe

He what? Have you acquired a stutter?

Nope, I just thought what you wrote was extremely ironic coming from you.

Sandman:
It wouldn't have changed his meaning at all. No one does that.
Humble and mature people can have their position swayed when proof
and substantiations are brought forward, and then we have people
like you, who will argue your position for days no matter how
insane it is.

I guess you didn't have time to read what you were replying to. It
wasn't at all about thinking one's position is right or not thinking
one's position is right.

I guess you didn't have time to read my reply to realize I had read it just
fine.

Tony Cooper:
If that's true, then all that "online help" above isn't going to
be taken advantage of either.

Sandman:
Why not? It is found in direct relation to the product they're
vieweing online.

Could you translate that sentence into English?

What part has you confused?

Sandman:
Checking reviews and ratings *before* you enter a store isn't
really a smooth buyer experience.

Really?

Really.

nospam must be right, then. I do things the hard way. I do, if the
product represents a significant expense, check reviews and ratings
before entering the store. Seems like the best way to do it.

Many people do - that doesn't make it a smooth buyer experience, just like
I said. It's an added step you have to add before you go to the store.

Tony Cooper:
So a $10 difference, after shipping charges, of one item
establishes that camera stores charge double? And, you had to
wait for delivery. What if you needed it today? What if what is
offered online is a knock-off product from China that isn't as
good a quality?

Sandman:
Tony working hard to make it seem the prices quoted aren't "about
double" by adding unrelated parameters.

Shipping costs are an unrelated parameter in deciding whether or not
an online supplier's price is competitive?

Unknown shipping costs, added by you without knowing if there were any.

Sandman:
And now B&H sells low-quality knock-offs from China?

I guess I must have missed where nospam said online choices are
limited to B&H.

I guess you missed that nospam was specifically talking about a B&H
example, yes.

Tony Cooper:
It all comes around to my position that there is often more than
one "right" way to do things.

Sandman:
As long as it's not nospam's way to do things, that is. That can
never be right, no matter what.

No, I think he was right about something. Give me some time. I'm
sure I'll think of something he was right about.

See what I mean?

Just out of curiosity, does nospam send you "Thank you" notes with
little x's and o's for coming to his defense so often?

I am not defending him, I'm questioning your arrogance and agenda in this
group. It has nothing to do with nospam. It's just that it's something
usually found in your replies to him since you dislike him - possibly due
to the many many times he has proven your claims incorrect.

--
Sandman[.net]