Old May 12th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Olympus MJU 700 - not taking pictures unless flashed turned off!

I've had a MJU 700 for 3 weeks and the camera won't take pictures
unless the flash is turned off! As soon as I switch the flash to auto,
red-eye or on it basically focusses in but doesn't take the shot! I get
a red flashing flash icon in the top right below the battery icon. This
icon apparently means "Camera movement / flash charge". In the advanced
manual it says that the flashing is "the flash charging" and you should
"wait until the flash charge mark stops blinking before taking the
picture". But it never stops blinking!

Anyone got any ideas before I have to take off work in the morning to
drop it off to get it repaired?

Thanks
Jeremy