Old February 18th 13, 01:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default Nikon and DSLR's, losing hard-won ground to Canon?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:10:51 -0800 (PST), RichA wrote:
: D7000. Focus issues. D800. Left-side focus issues. D600. Serious
: sensor spotting issues. Those are the last three cameras they've
: introduced. What is going on with them? Meanwhile, Canon has
: introduced a number of new DSLRs in the same time-frame which haven't
: had any major issues, at least from what I have seen. It took Nikon
: several years to win back market share from Canon. I'd hate to see
: them lose it.

Didn't the 5D3 have some sort of issue where light was finding its way in by
some alternative path and fouling the AE? The quick fix, IIRC, involved
electrical tape.

Bob