Old April 6th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Moving from TMY to Delta 400

Can someone explain to me the subtlies between these two films. I recently
decided I'd switch from Kodak TMY 400 to Ilford Delta 400. My developer is
XTOL. My first set of negs turned out really dense. What's the difference in
B+F between these two? The difference in development times seems more
extreme than I would have thought too. I would usually soup my TMY at 8:45
in XTOL 1:1, but the starting recommendation for Delta 400 is 13 minutes in
XTOL 1:1. Is there an "easier" developer to use with Delta 400? Thx.