Old November 2nd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Baird

Default Washed out signs

Hi Bob,

Sounds like you are trying to capture a scene that is a bit overexposed. You
might be better off scanning the slides. There are a number of scanners out
there that can scan slides as well as negatives. Not sure if you have a
scanner, but they are great for a lot of applications and having one with
the capacity to scan slides would be worth any extra money. You are going to
get a better image via a scan than taking a picture with your camera. You
may want to consider it.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Bob M" wrote in message
I am using a Kodak Z650 Zoom camera to try to make copies of old 35mm
slides.
The results so far have been poor. I project the slides using a projector
to a
screen about 4 feet from the projector and camera. On the subject photo, I
can
see 2 signs on the bridge when looking at the screen. One says "Claremont,
NH"
the other is something about a 20,000 pound load limit. I reduced the ISO
80, the minimum. Set "High Sharpness". Tried Aperture priority set to
maxmim
number (smallest opening). Tried shutter priority at 1/2 and 1 second. I
use a
2 second delay so I don't shake the tripod}. The camera is set to 6 MP,
and if
I shoot a test shot of text printed on a piece of paper where the text is
the
same size as the signs, it comes out readable.
Any suggestions?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bob-m1...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Remove "not" for return address.