Old March 7th 11, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default Cell Thread adapters

"Cheesehead" wrote in message
Are there readily-available thread adapters so that cells
intended for
a Copal 3 or 3s can be fit into another large shutter.
I've read that
S K Grimes does this "custom" but I was curious if the
parts were out
there to be had for a more modest price.

I've never seen anything like this. Not only must the
threads match but the location of the cells in the shutter
are critical. Element spacing, which includes cell spacing
is extremely critical for many lens designs so its not
trivial to move a lens from one shutter to another of a
different type.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA