Old August 12th 04, 11:06 PM
PhotoMan

"Don Noble" wrote in message
Hi, all.
Just got a Canon Zoom Lens FD 70-210mm 1:4 lens, one of the newer style
"twist-on" breech lock mounts. It was advertised as not focussing

properly,
which I assumed meant one of the lens elements was out of place or

something
like that.
However, it's not that bad: the focussing ring is just very stiff to
twist. It's relatively smooth and slides back and forth on the barrel with
only negligible binding. Focussing is good and sharp.
Anyone have any experience working on these or similar lenses? What

type
of lube would I use when I disassemble it? I have a repair manual on the

way
but I'm trying to get some advance feel for what to expect.

Thanks for the info!

Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen
der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht
fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen
das cotten-pickenen hands in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlights.