Old July 28th 04, 03:46 PM
Jaspinator

Default Nikon 3700 or Canon A75

"Arty Phacting" wrote in message
is the A80 much the same?

Arty

"Sceptre" wrote in message
om...
(octopus) wrote in message

om...
(James Cloud) wrote in message
. com...
Hello, I am choosing a 3mp camera and these two are being

considered.
Nikon has a $100 mail-in rebated which dropped the 3700 to below the
A75 price. Seems to me the 3700 is a slightly superior camera than
A75, with a smaller body and the use of the lithium ion battery.

What
do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

James

Best Buy offers the Canon A80 for $249.- (I saw it in one shop - in
another shop it was still $298.- and I had to tell them that I saw the
other price before they matched it). This is a 4MP camera with a
vari-angle LCD screen and it has a bigger sensor than the A75.
You can find some good information on the A80 at:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/onlinesharing/A80/review/

Markus

Hey,

Don't get the A75. For more information, read my post at

http://forums.powershot-a.com/showth... threadid=8933
where A75 users on CANON'S WEBSITE are complaining that the Auto mode
uses bad apertures and focusing when taking pictures. The result is
that the pictures are out of focus, and tons of purple fringing with
auto mode setting apertures at 2.8 most of the time.

Hi there just my 2p worth, but having used the A75 (and its little brother
the a60) its a pretty fantastic camera for the price, and if you read
through the forum mentioned above many of the posters there seem to like it
too and do not notice those problems