Old July 27th 04, 09:01 PM
Terence

Default Nikon 3700 or Canon A75

(James Cloud) wrote in message . com...
[snip]

Thanks for the replies.

Chris, the 3700 is only 264 from comp-u-plus, with $100 off, it's
$164. Compu-u-plus is a reputable place -- I've bought from them
before.

Agreed A75 is more intuitive in controls.

I failed to understand why AA batteries are superior to Lithium Ion.
True, you can get AA anywhere, but the Li-Ion battery can last couple
of hundreds shots.

James

I'm not familiar with the 3700 (just popped over to the Fuji site to
check the specs), but I do have an A75 so my opinion is probably
skewed towards the Canon.

The A75 has much more robust set of manual controls than the Fuji -
it's something I specifically looked for when I was shopping around
for a digicam. This might not be as important to you, but having the
option to manually set the F-ratio, shutter speed, focus, ISO, etc...
was something I wanted in a camera.

I found the 9-point autofocus in the Canon to be unreliable, so I
simply turned off that feature and use the single/centre point focus.

Other than wishing for a high model Canon digicam (which I would get
if I had the money), I'm pretty happy with my A75.