Old July 27th 04, 05:24 AM
Steve

Default Nikon 3700 or Canon A75

James Cloud wrote:
Hello, I am choosing a 3mp camera and these two are being considered.
Nikon has a $100 mail-in rebated which dropped the 3700 to below the
A75 price. Seems to me the 3700 is a slightly superior camera than
A75, with a smaller body and the use of the lithium ion battery. What
do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

James

James:

The A series Canons are notorious for poor manufacturing quality control and
a high failure/return rate. Read the various internet forums and you will
see repeat reference to this. I personally know of several people (myself
being one of them) that had defective or failed A series Canons. I replaced
mine with a Nikon Coolpix 3100.

If you like to do macro photography, the Nikon lens will be a lot better
than that on the Canon.

Good luck,

Steve