Old July 14th 04, 10:25 PM
David Bindle

Default Nikon made me buy Canon

"Philip Homburg" wrote in message
.phicoh.net...
In article ,
David Bindle wrote:
Nowadays... people interested in manual focus cameras can pick up

incredible
Canon FD L lens optics for cheap, due to the fact that Canon changed

their
mount. Cheaper than MF Nikon equipment but just as good and sometimes
better...

That suggests that Nikon basically got the right strategy.

Huh? Once the EOS system proved itself there was an incredible flood of
professionals that moved to Canon. So much so that more professionals use
Canon 35mm and digital now than Nikon, whereas in the days of manual focus
FD's... Nikon enjoyed top choice with professionals

That suggests that Canon basically got the right strategy.

Frankly.... I don't really care... I can't afford more than a small number
of quality lenses anyways. Either Nikon or Canon create tools that I'll
never afford and tools that will do a great job that I can afford. It's
funny, the biggest impediment nowadays to me being able to produce the
pictures I want to is something that doesn't cost any money, but that I
can't afford...
.... time!

D.B.

(well... I guess some do believe that time=money)