Old September 28th 17, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Mayayana

Default What's a good free Windows video editor that crops out data in the MP4 video frame?

"nospam" wrote

| If you want to paint in each frame that might
| be a challenge. A good editor will do things
| like crop and resize, sharpness, color adjustment,
| etc. But painting specific items would of course
| require a separate operation for each frame. In
| theory you could have a video where you want the
| exact same area of each frame painted black, but
| I'd be surprised if any editor provides that functionality.
|
| most, if not all can do that.

I'd be interested to know of even one free video
editor for Windows that has drawing tools like
line, rectangle, etc, that can be applied on a
per-frame basis, or even to the whole video.
I spent an afternoon exploring at one point and
Avidemux was by far the best option I found.

So... do you actually know anything about
this? Do you know of even one such product?

In the Win7 group someone just recommended
VirtualDUB. I downloaded it. First it wouldn't open
mp4. So I gave it an AVI. It allowed me to copy
a frame and paste it into Paint Shop Pro, but I
was unable to paste the edited frame back into
the video. That function is not on the menu.