Old September 28th 17, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
harry newton

Default What's a good free Windows video editor that crops out data in the MP4 video frame?

What's a good free Windows video editor that crops out data in the MP4
video frame?

Googling is *almost never* the best way to find the best freeware for
certain things because someone who is trying to sell something isn't always
neutral on the pros and cons of the freeware.

We all know there are plenty of freeware gotchas, from watermarks, to time
limits, to missing features, to registration requirements, to spyware
insertion, etc. so that's why I ask you this question.

Of course, I googled, but Googling is only useful when *every* review says
the same thing, which almost never happens.

*Testing* each piece of software for the target function is the best way,
but that's expensive in terms of time (but is often needed because it's
often impossible to find someone who knows the answer).

Hence, I ask the question here if anyone here has used Windows freeware to
crop out portions of an Android screen-recording MP4 video where this
screenshot below shows the portion of the MP4 video that is needed to be
cropped out on a one-time need.
http://i64.tinypic.com/27xi5hf.jpg

I'm seeking the canonical Windows 10 freeware video editor of MP4 files
that can blank out areas of the video. Googling, this is what comes up so
far, which isn't really helpful for the stated question:

- Top 5 Video Editing Software for Windows 10
http://www.techkhoji.com/best-video-editing-software-windows/
* WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER
- The best free video editor 2017
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/the-best-free-video-editor-1330136
* Lightworks
* Shotcut
* Hitfilm Express
* VSDC Free Video Editor
* Avidemux
- Video Editor for Windows 10: Best Movie Editor for Windows 10
http://www.techisky.com/software/video-editor-for-windows-10-best-movie-editor-for-windows-10.html
* Windows Movie Maker
- 21 Best Video Editors For Free
https://www.ezvid.com/21-best-video-editing-software-for-free-download
* Ezvid
* VideoEasy
* Cyberlink Free
* Aura Video Editor
* Full Motion Video
* Moviestorm
* Avidemux
* VirtualDub
* t@b ZS4 Video Editing Software
* Blender
* Wax
* AVIedit
* Jahshaka
* Movica
* Zwei-Stien Video Editor
* AVI Trimmer + MKV
* Windows Movie Maker
* Xilisoft Video Editor
* VideoPad Video Editor
- Top free video editing software for Windows 10/8/7
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/free-video-editing-software-download-windows
* Avidemux
* VirtualDub
* VideoSpin
- Best Video Editing Software for Windows 10
https://filmora.wondershare.com/windows10/video-editing-software-windows10.html
* Windows 10 Movie Maker
* Filmora
- Top 5 Best Free Video Editing Software for Windows 10, 8, 7
https://www.iskysoft.com/video-editing/video-editing-software-for-windows-10.html
* Filmora Video Editor
* VirtualDub
* Pinnacle VideoSpin
* Sony Vegas Movie Studio
* Windows Movie Maker

And the list goes on and on.

The *testing* I can always do, and I do test *many* freeware programs.
I'm looking for someone who has actually edited videos when I ask the
question.

If you don't know the answer, that's OK, there's no need to respond.
All I want is the answer.

So if you know the answer, meaning you've actually done the video editing
task on Windows using freeware, then you're the type of person who will
have a helpful suggestion.

All I'm asking here is for someone who has done this type of editing what
they feel the best free Windows 10 video editor is for cropping out
information in an MP4 video.