Old October 15th 15, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

On 15/10/2015 09:06, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:57:32 +0100, David Taylor

[]
But next time, it may be wiser to wait a week before installing the updates.

That last sentence may apply to Adobe but I don't have much say in the
matter when it comes to Windows.

Yes, you do, see (for example):

http://www.askvg.com/fixing-windows-...stall-problem/

As far as the slight on Adobe is concerned, the latest update seemed
to work OK until Microsoft updated Windows. No doubt it will all sort
itself out, hopefully before Epson sorts out the missing color
profiles for the new SuperColor P-800. Did I tell you that
hispeed-fibre modem on my Internet connection threw a wobbly this
morning, right in the middle of the Windows10 update? No, I didn't,
but life has been exciting. :-(

If you believe the update to be corrupt, you could simply revert your PC
to the last system restore point, or use the Uninstall Updates option
(if you have that).

Any company which equates dollar and pound prices is simply
money-grabbing. If this no longer applies to Adobe, it's about time. I
gave up purchasing their products because of their pricing policy, and
whilst I can see the benefits of a subscription policy from a revenue
flow point of view, it's not a road I wish to go down as a customer.

--
Cheers,
David