Old October 15th 15, 09:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:57:32 +0100, David Taylor
wrote:

On 15/10/2015 02:39, Eric Stevens wrote:
Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

As others have said, you can delay the reboot after Windows updates, or
even delay the installation altogether. Having said that, though.....

- if all other software works
- Adobe software does not

seems pretty obvious to whom your questions should be directed. You
would have hoped the money guzzlers like Adobe would have been more on
top of the game.

But next time, it may be wiser to wait a week before installing the updates.

That last sentence may apply to Adobe but I don't have much say in the
matter when it comes to Windows.

As far as the slight on Adobe is concerned, the latest update seemed
to work OK until Microsoft updated Windows. No doubt it will all sort
itself out, hopefully before Epson sorts out the missing color
profiles for the new SuperColor P-800. Did I tell you that
hispeed-fibre modem on my Internet connection threw a wobbly this
morning, right in the middle of the Windows10 update? No, I didn't,
but life has been exciting. :-(

Eric Stevens