Old October 15th 15, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:05:12 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

Yes it did. Auto-updating is set to automatic and you have to be some
kind of geek with geekish knowledge to know how to prevent it.

Windows 10 comes with no manual and not even a 'Help' system. As soon
as I got it I ordered a book which only arrived on Tuesday. So far I'm
on page 59 of 673 which is rambling on about all the new fun things
you can do with screen windows. When an update comes roaring down the
tracks I'm just left there staring into the headlights.

Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

...but who do you scream at, Adobe, MS, or both?

So far I've only posed a question with in an Adobe forum. I would
rather have Adobe beating on Microsoft's door than me. For a start,
Adobe might know more about the problem than I do.

Eric Stevens