Old October 13th 04, 03:16 AM
Donald Qualls

stefano bramato wrote:

ok friends, I always develop in dektol but this is a time that I use a
massive develop soup.
I was searching for more economy developer, I was thinking about agfa
Neutol.
Anyone has tryed this developer (sounds good)?

Any other suggestions for more economy in developer?

lookin for suggestions!!

The most economical paper developer would likely to one you mix
yourself. The formula for D-72 was published more than 70 years ago,
and Dektol is just a commercialized version of D-72. As I recall, D-72
contains only metol, sodium sulfite, and an alkali (I don't recall if
it's sodium carbonate, borax, or sodium metaborate). None of these are
particularly toxic, or expensive, and all should be reasonably available
even in Italy (via European suppliers, of course). Here in the United
States, $25 worth of raw chemicals would be expected to produce
developer that would cost around $150 commercially; as an added benefit,
if you have a good scale you can mix just enough to fill a tray instead
of a liter or five liters of stock solution, so you don't have waste
from shelf life expiration.

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm