Old February 1st 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Need to replace my Sony W1

On 2006-01-31, Tom wrote:
"Whiskers" wrote in message
Most of the reviews there seem to be very positive. So we are back to
either the settings you are using, or the camera being faulty. It's up to
you what you decide to do to work out which ) but given the
limitations on user input with that model and the history of some faulty
specimens, I'd be inclined to think that you got one of the 'bad batch'.

snip

If you check the Sony H1 forum (in Steve's), there are alot of people who
also have the same 1/30 sec problem. I am very surprised becasue the H1
seems to have a much bigger lens. The most confussing thing is that this
only in the Sony forum. When I check the other forums for other brands,
People don't seem to have this show shutter speed problem.

(I know that Outlook Express isn't the world's greatest usenet client, but
it can be made to 'quote' properly - in the way I have modified your post
above - and you can move the 'cursor' to where it makes sense before you
start typing. Thank you for working out how to use 'plain text').

I don't know what you mean by "the Sony H1 forum (in Steve's), there are
alot of people [...]". I have skimmed
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/sony_h1_pg5.html and the
five other reviews linked from the bottom of that page, but no complaints
about the camera using a too-slow shutter speed leaped out at me.

That camera's lens may be physically bulkier than the one on your camera,
but given that it claims to be a 12x zoom and incorporates an optical
'anti-shake' gadget, that's hardly surprising. Its maximum aperture is
f/2.8, exactly the same as on your camera.

If you have taken a dislike to Sony cameras, for whatever reason, then
don't buy another one.

--
-- Whiskers