Old January 19th 04, 04:44 PM
jjs

Default Jan/Feb '04 View Camera Issue

In article . net,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

A-t (the word that must not be spoken in rpx) is
reputedly in the eye of the beholder.

I find this work to be pretentious -- a heavy handed attempt
to 'make something' from an inner vacuum.

The cover picture is interesting in that its truly ugly subject and
gutwrenching terrible lighting contradicts the intention of the early
photography the print seems to represent. Early portratis strove to
glamorize or emblam the subject in its best terms with good lighting.
Perhaps the cover doesn't represent the rest of the collection. I'll know
when I get the issue, but after looking at the cover I'm not really
looking forward to it.