Old December 27th 17, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Upgrade report - SSD & photo software

On 2017-12-27 09:27:02 +0000, David Taylor said:

On 27/12/2017 07:26, android wrote:
[]

I have W10 on my Acer notebook, a c2d with 8GB RAM... It's unbelivable
how slow it is compared to my old Mac Mini, another c2d but with OSX
Snow Leopard and 3GB in use.

Win-10 shouldn't be slow, especially with 8 GB memory. I would check
for any mis-configuration or unwanted processes (especially if it's a
vendor's Win-10 rather than a plain version from Microsoft without all
the junk-ware!). Use the Task Manager to see what's eating all the
CPU, memory, disk I/O etc.

I have. It's Windows mostly.

Yes, that's the same thing I saw, but it wasn't accurate. As David
said, check for installed software from Acer. My problem was the
Toshiba software. It's not needed, and after I removed all of it, the
laptop was fine, even with the HDD which happened to have bad sectors.
The software I suspect was some backup or disk recovery software, and
one other that was also disk related. The SSD was icing on the cake,
and sped things up considerably.