Old March 13th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

Default ... thinking about making a CAMERA OBSCURA....

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 02:41:01 GMT, King Sardon
wrote:

I'm considering building a camera obscura to project prints. The
prints would have a max. dimension of 20 inches. Have any of you guys
built one of these? Any suggestions?

The most critical component is probably the lens. It should probably
have a focal length of 500-800 mm and a diameter of at least 3 inches.
Where would I get a lens like this? Edmunds comes up blank.

I would also need a first-surface mirror unless I have the print
parallel to the projection screen.

Suggestions appreciated.

KS

Are you sure you're looking for a camera obscura?
It sounds like you want an opaque projector.

--
Washington D.C.'s ban on handgun
ownership by citizens who live