Old January 15th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Manzoorul Hassan

Default Protection for Online Images

BJ wrote:
Hi,

I am new for online albums. I have few questions about protection of
images:

1. Is there any free service comparable to Digimarc?

2. If I will embed some watermark on images, will I be able to track
who all are using it (at least online)?

3. Any other methods of copyright protection beside Watermark.

Any links will help.
Thanks in advance.

With Rgds,
BJ

I'm in a similar situation - I am a newbie Photographer and post my
pictures online. Some are access protected (these are more personal in
nature of family and friends) and some are not (no people - usually).

I have thought of doing something to be able to track my pictures
(something like a homing device if you will). But I don't think the
technology exists to do what I want to do. Also, the legal route seems
quite complicated / expensive (since my pictures don't generate any
money).

So, I've decided to watermark my pictures. The fact that I am not very
good helped with this decision. I doubt anyone would find my work worth
all the trouble.

-- manzoor
- http://flickr.com/photos/smriti -- http://ChobiSmriti.BlogSpot.com/ -