Old March 1st 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Advice sought on scanning b/w negatives

spake thus:

Images meant to be viewed by transillumination
(negatives) are different from images meant to be
viewed by reflected light. Similarly, if you take a nice
print and view it by transillumination against a
light source, it looks different, and not only because
of the base density of the paper.

So now we have come full circle, folks, and put the question to rest:
yes, it does hurt when you hit yourself in the head with a hammer. So we
can stop, right? and get on to other questions.

--
To the arrogant putzes at NBC:

Do we call the country Italia? Is its capital Roma?
Were previous Olympics held in Moskva, Muenchen or Athine?
Do we call it the "Shroud of Torino"?

No!

So learn to speak English already and call it Turin.

- from someone's blog