Old October 3rd 03, 08:53 AM
sonsdad

Default test strip

Hi Group

Thanks for your comments. I think Michael interpreted my question fine.

Cheers
"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
m...
"sonsdad" wrote in message

Hi

What can anyone tell me about making a test strip.

No. I never use them. They're useless. Make a test ***print*** or two
so you can see the ***whole*** image, and adjust the exposure
accordingly. If your negatives are consistent, there will be little
change in exposure from one print to the next. One may be 6 seconds,
another 7.2, but after a while you'll be able to judge this by eye
anyway.

I am anxious to improve
my Black&White photography.

Practice, practice, practice.

I have a Nikon F60. Should I consider buying a
spotmeter,

No. You don't need it. Learn the basic exposures by heart for most
scenes. I did it, and you can too. Use 1 or two films at the most, and
learn them PERFECTLY. I suggest you start with Tri-X Pan and FP4.
DON'T push them. Learn how to expose them properly EVERY time. If it's
too dark, it's too dark! Tough! That''s how life is sometimes. Deal
with it and go on with your life.

if so which, or will the cameras meter be adequate?

Thanking you group

See:

http://zd.csimultimedia.com/

No spot meters were used in the creation of these images. Half of them
were exposed by memory of the correct exposure.