Old May 31st 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
nospam

Default Could you actually see photos made from RAW files?

In article
,
wrote:

I do, however, wonder that by working on raw format, one will end up
spending much more time post processing after the photos are taken.

that's absolutely false.

with modern raw converters, there is *no* time penalty for shooting
raw, unless of course, you want to spend a lot of time tweaking it.
quite often, the default parameters are good enough, with maybe only a
minor tweak needed.

with some raw converters (e.g., lightroom), there isn't even a
difference in the workflow between raw or jpeg - you just give it
images from the camera and see the results on screen, adjust as needed,
print or upload to the 'net. it's same amount of time either way, but
if you shoot raw, the results will generally be better than if you
shoot jpeg. that's why it's somewhat of a waste to shoot raw+jpeg.

I just have one question - if you take a photo which was out of focus,
could you actually make it in focus when you have the raw files?

not really. it can be possible to undo it a little with very
sophisticated modeling of the lens and a lot of expensive software
though.