Old August 2nd 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon living on borrowed time?

On Aug 2, 2017, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 02/08/2017 10:54, Noons wrote:
[] Ah well, once again it's proven that companies who stuff up their long
time customers, get dumped big time.
Nothing new there, they just still hadn't seen it applied to them.
Good luck to Nikon and the poor sods who bought their products, me
included.

Has your camera equipment stopped working? Are the accessories no
longer available? Repairs not possible? I just checked out a D60 I
bought many years back and it's working fine.

To support that part of your argument my Nikon D70 and D300S still work just
fine, as do my Yashica Electro 35, and my Pentax K1000.

On the other hand, as I was unable to buy a Nikon MFT camera when I
wanted to downsize I was unable to buy Nikon, so my subsequent purchases
have produced income for Panasonic and Olympus. It was with slight
regret that I changed brand, but I've been delighted with the outcome!

Nikon let me down when their focus was on FF for Pro and Prosumer level
cameras, and it looked as though there would never be successor to the D300S
when it appeared to be abandonded in a sensor development wasteland. I waited
for three years for Nikon to release a D300S successor I was ripe to buy.
That failure pushed me into looking for APS-C alternative, and into the
Fujifilm camp. Eight months after I bought into the Fujifilm X-Series Nikon
released a camera I would have bought, the D500, but for me they were too
late. Like you, I regret that I made the move, and the D500 is a great
camera, but now that I have experienced all the X-E2 and the X-T2 have to
offer, I am not likely to return to Nikon. Shooting the X-T2 has revived much
of what I used to enjoy about photography 40 years ago. Today if given the
cash to buy a D500, I would probably buy a new Fujicon lens or a new Fujifilm
X body.

Savageduck