Old January 17th 19, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Camera straps?

On 1/17/19 9:49 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 17 January 2019 14:14:18 UTC, Savageduck wrote:

The other option would be to
use a 2 second time delay for the shutter.

Not practical for hand held macro.

(snip)

I beg to differ; you should try it some time.
I've used the self-timer for hand-held long exposures (one second or
less). And with my mechanical camera, the self-timer is about 12 seconds.

Pressing the shutter button is going to require some sort of movement:
bad for a long exposure. By using the timer, you press the shutter
release and have a few seconds to get your body positioned for maximum
stability.

Years ago, I hiked a portion of the Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike. In
the tunnel, I set the timer, positioned myself, and just waited for the
timer to go off. Better than walking three miles back to the parking
area for a tripod!

--
Ken Hart