Old January 17th 19, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Camera straps?

On Jan 17, 2019, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 13:42:31 UTC, Savageduck wrote:

That was meant to read; The first thing I did on both my X-E3, and my X-T3
was to DISABLE the Touch Screen focus.

Have you ever used the touch screen to trigger the shutter ?. I assume you
can as that is an option on my M3?

Only to try the feature for a few tripod mounted landscape shots, along with
using the Touch Screen to move the focus point, otherwise not too much. It is
a useful feature when needed, but for me that is not too often, so it is
mostly disabled.

I've used mine a few times, when taking a few pics of the stars (astro) not
celebs and again when using extention tubes for macro work, as I moved back
and forth to focus I found it easier to tap the screen rather than try using
the normal method which resuloted in the camera moving slightly as I pressed
the shutter release.

Using the touch Screen when you don’t have a remote release available is
better than trying to trip the shutter gingerly. The other option would be to
use a 2 second time delay for the shutter. I also have the option of using
the Fujifilm Cam Remote app on my iPhone which works well for the most part,
but sometimes has connection issues. So a wired remote shutter release under
those circumstances is usually the least frustrating option.

Savageduck