Old January 7th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default LF+scan+print: Case study, with prints

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 02:10:24 GMT, "Scott W"
wrote:

An interesting test, I would say your print has just about all the detail of
the scan. I would also image that the print looks pretty sharp. The only
thing in the cropped area that has much detail is the fence post, it would
be nice to see this same kind of thing done with a photo that has lots of
detail in it. I would think that closer in the sand grains would be
resolved, this would be an interesting area to view.

Good point, the "reference crop" could be more exciting.

To be honest, that damned fence post is what led me into
that exercise in the first place. I was looking over the print
with an 8x loupe, and was quite amazed to see it, on a
letter-sized print.

It would also be interesting if one of the people who claims that optical
prints will have more detail then form scanning could do the same thing you
have, make an optical print and then scan the print.

That might be interesting, I don't get to see many optical
prints these days.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com