Old February 6th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
maya

Default long-time Nikon F2AS user -- which SRL digital is best?

hi,

I'm getting ready to purchase a digital camera; for a while was
considering a point-and-shoot for the time being to save money; however,
none of them have wide-angle lenses.. and the vast majority of what I
shoot these days (actually for years now) is with a wide-angle; my
"normal" lens is a 24mm.. have barely touched my 50mm in the last six
years or so.. (am putting together a photoblog, would appreciate some
feedback.. www.francesdelrio.com/photoblog/.. thank you..)

I have been using a Nikon F2AS for about thirty years, so this is where
I'm coming from.. am considering either Nikon D50, D70, or D80 (is
it true the D40 has a different lens-mounting system from the others?
why would they do that?) I think I'm going with Nikon D80.. but not
100% sure yet... am traveling to India in about four days (didn't know
firm travel-date till now, trip is job-related..) so need to make a
decision double-quick..

this is a big investment and I want to make sure to invest wisely...
thus would appreciate opinions from knowledgeable folks here..

thank you very much....