Old July 7th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,alt.photography

Default Scanning Thousands of Slides

Ron Hunter wrote:

no_name wrote:

wrote:

CJB wrote:

Currently I have thousands of slides from the 1960/1970s which I want
to scan onto CDs. The quote from Jessops - never the cheapest - is 50p
per slide - OUCH!! I don't want to have to rig up a projector and
screen and take photos one at a time. So is there a slide scanning
device - with automated feed - that I can connect to a USB2 port of a
PC - for scanning batches of slides say 100 at a time? Many thanks -
CJB.

as an aside it would be easier to scan the negatives if you still have
them? film scanners have been on the market longer so are cheaper.

You know, now that you mention it ... they've never given me my
negatives back when I took film in to have it processed for slides.

Sheesh! the slides ARE the negatives, or more properly color slide film
is color positive film. sigh.

Do you know what the zooming sound was?