Old June 13th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Ilfochrome printing

LR Kalajainen wrote:
Ilfochrome material is slow. I eventually bought a faster (more
expensive) lens in order to get an extra stop of light and shorten the
times. If you're using the Beseler 45 for 35mm that slows things down
even further. My times speeded up somewhat when I got a colorhead and
began printing with halogen, but you could try getting a higher wattage
bulb.

If using a Beseler 45MCRX or similar enlarger, it is important to set the
height of the condensers to the right place for maximum light efficiency.
There is a scale on the head indicating the proper height, and a knob for
adjusting it. If you have it all the way down (suitable for 4"x5" negatives
and transparancies) and you use it for 35mm you will lose most of the light.

^^-^^ 08:40:02 up 63 days, 22:11, 4 users, load average: 4.29, 4.61, 4.63