Old August 8th 04, 05:15 AM
Toby

Default Why are low dpi printers more expensive?

Past 1440 there is really no appreciable gain in the reviews that I have
read. You might see a very, very slight increase in smoothness in monochome
prints with 2880. Don't take maximum DPI too seriously, some very high dpi
printers (notably Lexmarks IME) turn out prints that look like trash...

Toby

"Mark B." wrote in message

wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 19:29:11 -0400, "Mark B."
wrote:

Epson 2100 is a wide-format printer, R800 prints up to A4/8.5" x 11".

Look
at the size of the printer first.

At the moment, I envisage to print on A4. Until I start printing and
using the printer, I don't know if I'll be using A3 or not. Is it good
having an A3 printer if the DPI on A4 prints is less??

I've just looked at the RX 600 which looks good aswell as an All in
one.

Is it worth spending the money on A3 which has lower DPI if I've got
spare cash ?

I don't know why I referenced A4 in my reply; I just realized I don't know
what size that actually is. 2100 can do up to 13" wide, R800 up to 8.5"
wide. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the dpi difference. From what
I've seen with 1440 dpi on my 870, I can't imagine 2880 will be a

noticeable
difference. Get the printer for the size prints you'll be doing. If you
need to do larger prints, then it's worth the money. Keep in mind the

2100
has been replaced by the 2200 which can do 2880 in one direction (1440 in
the other). Check epson.com for specs on all their printers.

Mark