Old May 7th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default CNet Reviews FZ7 vs Canon S3

I have a S2IS and my daughter has a FZ5, and the Canon has much, much better
super macro mode, and produces nicer skin tones. The tilt screen is great
too. Other than that, Panasonic is much more compact and nicer, and gives at
least as sharp pics as the Canon. Don't know about those new models, but
think they don't differ very much, they are more like upgrades than brand
new models anyway.
/per

"measekite" skrev i meddelandet
I have just read reviews on Cnet where the Panasonic FZ7 was rated at 7.2
and the Canon S3 was rated much higher at 7.7.

Based (I have not seen the S3) on my observation of the Canon S2 and the
Panasonic FZ5, I found that the Canon focused much slower and other than
the movies and the swivel screen did not provide any advantages. As a
matter of fact I preferred the FZ5 and now am planning to purchase an FZ7
summer time.

I am curious as to why Cnet rated the Canon much higher. Any comments?