Old April 7th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.nature
Paul Furman

Default Photographing birds in flight

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

2b. I know the 30D can follow soaring birds and keep focus. (Take a
look at:

Sorry to follow up on my own post. In response to people who have
asked, I've posted some close-ups on:

http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/Page1.html
and
http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/Page2.html

and moved the other pages, so the owl- and hawk-series pages are now:

http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/Page3.html
and
http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/Page4.html

BTW, for a good reason NOT to use JPEG, take a look at the bottom
picture on

http://www.posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/Page1.html

( http://posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/pix/14.jpg - 100K ). Notice
the blue hues around the green leaves. There was no blue in the
original picture. Sigh.

Nice shots but I don't know why a jpeg would produce those blues... that
doesn't sound right?