Old December 30th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default STAREDOWN WITH THE 40D !

In rec.photo.digital russ templeton wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:52:35 -0600, Neil Ellwood
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 02:02:36 -0600, russ templeton wrote:

You could have at least done something about that rotten white-balance
that your camera created. A deer's coat isn't magenta. Get your monitor
adjusted, or get a better camera, or something. How about some talent,
see if you can buy that somewhere while you're at it.

I think you need a new monitor or lessons in setting it up.

What a waste of time.

At least you realise you are.

I spent 25 years of my life in a darkroom manually adjusting
colorhead enlargers for the slightest color corrections needed. I can adjust any
video display better than any technician doing his rote benchwork by the book.
When doing photomicrography I can hand-stack a layer of filters to provide a
purer daylight light source for incandescent lights than filters that come from
laboratories specifically designed for the purpose. I can detect as little as a
1% color shift in any one channel easily, sometimes even 0.5%. In fact, I find
incandescent color shifts so annoying that I just built my own filter stacks for
my yard flood-lights so they put out pure daylight at night because that nasty
yellow-orange cast on white snow at night was driving me up a wall.

So you're a superhero with superhuman colour vision. What relevance
has that to photography as practised by people with normal human
colour vision?

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[