Old December 1st 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jurgen[_4_]

Default Flash gun attachment

eugene wrote:

Sorry for pestering people tonight but I have another query. A couple of
years ago I saw a wedding photographer using some sort of swivel
attachment for his flashgun. It meant that if he was taking an upright
photo, the gun remained above the lens thus avoiding shadows. I have
searched for this but I cannot find it. It was a Canon camera he was
using so presumably the attachment was also Canon. he told me he bought
it in Dublin and it cost about £180. Anybody able to enlighten me please?

Eugene

Some time ago I made a "L" shaped aluminium bracket for my SLR which
bolted to the bottom via the tripod thread and used a cable from the hot
shoe to the speedlite.

I glued a hot shoe from an old slave to the top of the cable socket and
bolted another one to the bracket I made which allowed me to move the
flash from top to side without disconnecting it.

The only problem was in the coverage but a diffuser on the flash made up
for the change from portrait to landscape orientation light fall off.

Even if you had to by a couple of hot shoes, I couldn't see it costing
more than a few bucks. Of course you might not see yourself as a
"handyman" in which case you'll probably need to pay the money and get a
store bought model!