Old January 13th 18, 09:05 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Big Al

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

On 01/13/2018 11:34 AM, Zaidy036 wrote:
On 1/13/2018 10:50 AM, Eco Clean wrote:
- Sjouke Burry wrote:

Print that as deeply colored(or black) as possible.

My only printer is an old HP laser jet.

The printer isn't the problem because I will cut the letters out.

That makes a stencil.

The problem is how to print to 8.5x11 that scales up to 12x18.

Not sure if this would help but use as 11 x 8.5 instead and print half
on each of two papers. You would only lose 1" width and height giving
0.5" borders.

If you have a photo editing program of any sort that will crop then just
take your 12x18 photo and:
crop the top left quadrant to 8.5x11 and print.
Then crop the top right to 8.5x11 and print.
etc for the 4 quadrants.
They'll overlap but I think you said you didn't mind and would just tape
them together.

At least if I'm reading what you want to do right!