Old August 27th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default Compression in JPEG files in digital cameras

John Turco wrote:

Hardly any cameras support TIFF. Yes, you can use EXIF with LZW ... the are
completely unrelated as far as TIFF is concerned.

heavily edited, for brevity

Hello, Thomas:

Oh, then, I'm so very lucky that my Kodak P850 can do both TIFF and
RAW, in addition to JPEG. g

I didn't say NO cameras use TIFF. Most that suppot RAW do not, but obviously
many do. I am not sure why one would want to shoot TIFF in camera though [as
opposed to RAW] unless they simply don't want to use the RAW converson tools.
I think I saw recently that the upcoming Nikon D3 will still suppport TIFF.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.