Old January 20th 07, 09:38 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
MarkČ

Default Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

wrote:
Douglas wrote:
Drop in to one of my print centres if you ever come to Queensland
and see first hand which ones are the cheapest to run... Use my
measuring gear to check the prints scientifically too.

Will Douglas give an address, or even just the name in which they can
be found in the phone book??? (The 'famous' 'TechnoAussie' print
franchises never existed, except in Douglas' head.)

Or do we have to look for his market stall..?

.....is typical of every American I have ever met...

Rest of stupid rant snipped. Douglas attacks the messenger when he
loses the plot/debate.

Just ignore him, Wayne. Or for a chuckle, look up his postings on
enlargements (his have 'added detail' and he claims he can achieve a
sharp 36x24 from a 6x4...), perspective (he thinks it is all about
lens focal length, and not about distance from subject), depth of
field calculations (he just gets it wrong), or Panasonic FZ20's that
match medium format quality...

Here's some of his expertise:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(like I said, he seems to have problems with controlling d-o-f)
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
(How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
tree?)

Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...

www.pbase.com/markuson