Old March 18th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Large fiber-base paper?

In article ,
Greg \"Blank\" - Lizard King. wrote:
In article ,
(Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:

Do you know if K&M still has it, and if so, if they have it fresh?

Don't know their stick status, you can email me direct if
you wish. But I can check when I return as of monday to see who has
bought it recently, usually K&M would supply it to the bigger printing
places in NYC. The rolls are available for Poly graded Warmtone & Poly
graded Neutral FB & RC. In both surfaces - Glossy and Semi matte.

The Polygrade is the variable-contrast, right? It's been a while, and
I have trouble keeping the product names straight. Let's see if I
can remember: "Elegance" is the warmtone, graded paper, available in
300-weight; "Bromofort" is the cold-tone, graded paper, in single and
double; Polywarmtone and Polyneutral are VC, double-weight, warm and
neutral respectively?

I remember thinking that if I could only get Bromofort in a supergloss
surface, it would be a good match for Elite; I still have a few prints
I have trouble reproducing on any other material now that Elite is no
longer on the market. Bromofort has somewhat higher contrast through
the highlights, but there are ways of dealing with that.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others." - H.L.A. Hart