Old December 5th 03, 07:25 PM
f1 studios

Default Photographing In The Shower -- Help Requested

"James Gifford" wrote in message
This Guy Here wrote:
Hello. I've been asked to make some photographs in a shower setting.
I usually use strobe lights, and I'm a bit apprehensive. Here's some
questions:

o Any tips on safety?

o How do I get water to bead on skin? Specific links to products
would be appreciated.

o How do I get suds to stick to skin? Again, specific links are
appreciated.

o Any guidelines on how long the session should last?

o Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

If you have a choice of settings, try to find one - a "better" motel
with what's often called an "executive king" would be a good choice -
that has a jacuzzi shower. These are often arranged so that the door
looks straight into the shower area. (Don't ask me why!)

Set up and secure your lights with straps to wall hooks or fixtures so
that they can't tip anywhere near the shower or water.

Plug the lights and controller into a GFI socket - or bring your own
GFI-protected plug strip.

Do the water-beading shots first. The model should apply a light coat of
baby oil, lotion or sunscreen. She may have to scrub it off, dry and
start again to get all the shots in.

Shampoo, used thickly, makes nice sticky suds.

Depending on the model, ten minutes in, and then a half hour out to
prep, dehumidify the air, and let her (I ass/u/me "her") to dry off and
reapply goo, repeat as necessary.

--

| James Gifford * FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY |
| So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? |

Hi - you don't say where you are but if you're in UK I have a photo studio
equipped with a shower which can either be used as a photo set or in
private.

Cheers
Mike
http://www.f1studios.co.uk