Old November 17th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Arlen Holder

Default Apple ARM

On 2020-11-14 10:03, Graham J wrote:

I had to look up Dunning-Kruger and found a wonderful quote: "suggests
that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings
in their performance".

Describes Trump and Johnson to a tee, I think!

Ironically describes the person you're replying to as well.

We covered why the Type III apologists are Dunning Kruger Quadrant 1 he
o Apologists are far to the left on the Dunning-Kruger scale
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/MwtyT7BdxF4

Most of you don't seem to realize that _everyone_ is on the DK scale.
o It's simply a position on the scale of self appraisal of skills

There are four quadrants, where interestingly, those in the first quadrant
know the least (as shown by actual scores), and yet they have the most
confidence that they know the most (e.g., Type III apologists).

Those in the fourth quadrant are the experts (as shown by test scores),
where, just as interestingly, they tend to assess themselves as having
lower skillsets than they actually have, and, more importantly sometimes,
they tend to vastly under assess the skillet that it takes for others to
'catch up' to them (think air force airline pilots, for example).

Lumping the two quadrants in the middle, those people tend to be more
realistic, with those in the second quadrant beginning to despair as they
learn the skills, and those in the third quadrant beginning to get the hang
of it.

Unfortunately, since the Apple Apologists don't ever bother to check their
facts, they'll _never_ make it to even the second quadrant.

Their own attitude toward ignoring facts and trusting their own intuition
more so than they trust facts to the contrary is what makes them DK Quad 1.

Please see details, examples, and further proof of Type III Quad 1 DK in: