Old April 21st 17, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Film scanners?

On 2017-04-21 13:10:10 +0000, (Barnabé) said:

Savageduck wrote:

Not one cent of what I have spent on photography, film & digital, over
50+ years as a hobbyist photographer can be explained away rationally.

Since when do we need a "reason" to pursue a hobby from which we
derive pleasure? Since when is someone else's way of pursuing a hobby
not legitimate?

I have known folks who did some of the most obscure and pointless (and
sometimes expensive) things as hobbies.

See the Vivian Maier photography work, a hole life dedicated to
photography by a nanny and not a cent made out of it, a work that was
never shown to anyone before she died...

B.

Yup!
....and she didn't need to gain the approval of anybody to find the
enjoyment and satisfaction she found in her photography. Though
recognition and a presentation of her work while she was still alive
might have been rewarding for her. Unfortunately cataloging didn't seem
to be part of her methodology. That was left to the discoverers of her
work after her death, particularly John Maloof, without whom we might
never have known of her existence, or the existence of her work.

Savageduck