Old May 27th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
G.T.

Default B&H puts another local camera store out of business (with myhelp, unfortunately)

Happy Traveler wrote:
With the states pushing online retailers to collect their sales tax (and
some large retailers already complying), the equation is changing back in
favor of the locals. I priced several carbon fiber tripods and ballheads
yesterday in a local store, then compared to B&H. In most cases the
difference was between zero and $10. And then there is shipping: the
expense, the delay and the hassle if you are not at home when the brown
truck arrives.

Well, the solution to that is to shop places that don't use UPS. UPS
sucks and is the most inflexible of all the delivery services. With
FedEx everywhere I've lived I've been able to pick my package up at a
FedEx or Kinkos the very same day I've missed deliveries. And the
farthest a FedEx/Kinkos has been from me is 3/4 mile, UPS is far too
centralized and the UPS depot is 15 miles through heavy traffic, and
their hours are much poor.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker: