Old January 28th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default What to do? Opinions needed!

"Helen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using an SLR for years and years and enjoy the whole
concept of film cameras. I was given a digital camera for Christmas,
and I don't like it. It's an expensive Canon A620 and I find it hard to
get use to. Hard to understand (I know I'm not up to date). The person
who gave it to me would be hurt if I sold it, but I hate to have it sit
on the shelf. What am I to do? i'm wondering if I should just keep it
and use it periodically.
Helen

I have it's little brother, the A95 (the 5MP version). At first I found it
"different" being an "all manual" 35mm SLR and Medium Format photographer
(all my cameras are manual control). At first I could not make heads or
tails of the 14 shooting modes so I put the camera in "Auto" and let it take
all the decisions: The pictures were good. With time and practice I learned
to use the other 13 modes, and the pictures turned out better. These cameras
are very good for their size; I would keep it. If anything, it's size is
good for portability, unlike lugging around an SLR and all it's gear.