Old December 13th 04, 03:41 PM
Mike King

35mm slides, image measures 24x36mm, slide mount is 2x2 inches.
127 super slides, image is 38mmx38mm, slide mount is 2x2 inches.
126 slides, image measures 26x26mm, slide mount is 2x2 inches.
828 slides, image is 28x40mm, slide mount is 2x2 inches.

You should be able to scan a 24x36mm maximum area from any of these formats
on a 35mm scanner. A medium format scanner could scan the whole image.

--
darkroommike

----------
"Paul J Gans" wrote in message
In rec.photo.digital Michael A. Covington

wrote:
I haven't actually used this scanner but I can't imagine 126 slides or

127
"super slides" damaging it as long as they aren't badly bent. If the

slide
fits into the same physical space as a 35-mm slide, it should go in and

out
just fine. This is based on my experience with other Minolta and Nikon
scanners; I haven't actually used the one you mention.

I rather wish 127 hadn't died out... I never got to use it.

I have a Dualscan IV. The only way I know to scan slides
is to put them into the special holder supplied with the
scanner. These hold a 35mm mounted slide in either the
horizontal or vertical positions.

The holder, however, only allows a 35mm area to be exposed to
the scanner.

I doubt that 126 or 127 slides will fit into the scanner.
Sorry, I don't have any that size so that I can't test it
for sure.

---- Paul J. Gans