Old June 4th 16, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray carter

Default The single-element "flat" lens. Take it with a grain of salt

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 22:03:12 -0700, Rich A wrote:

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 12:01:11 AM UTC-4, isw wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

I remember when they announced this for microwaves. Whether it works
is a big "IF" and I'll believe it when I see it, for ANY visual light
optical device. Scientists have a way of peppering websites with all
kinds of happy new inventions that NEVER see the light of day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36438686

It's not the scientists who do the "peppering"; it's usually
semi-literate (and totally innumerate) "science" "reporters" who are
responsible.

Isaac

It's depressing because if you do a review at the end of the year of the
coming innovations on those sites, and see how low the number that
actually become something is, you realized it's about the same as
cataloging how many psychic predictions come true in a year.

I have a solution for your depression - don't check.