Old May 18th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
HEMI-Powered

Default Anybody have direct experience on the Canon EOS Rebel Xsi?

Richard J Kinch added these comments in the current discussion du jour

but I see great advantes for the 3" LCD especially in live preview
mode

I upgraded from a 400D to a 40D featuring a larger LCD and live view
as the XSi. I find both features are significant and useful.

I have done no research yet but plan to take a look maybe this afternoon
or early next week. I really like the compact size and weight of the
Rebel series which prevented me from getting a better Canon in the first
place or a Nikon D70s or higher end which I also evaluated. My strength
and endurance isn't what it was when I wore the clothes of a younger man,
so light weight is important to me.

I'm not sure what camera stores, if any, still allow full refunds for any
reason. I think that Ritz still does but I haven't talked to them or any.
I much prefer to buy ONLY from a store that allows refunds just in case I
just don't like it or don't see $800 in improvements with a few hundred
test shots.

Anybody know for sure about the L-glass lenses and Canon external
flashes? Thanks.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"